Assignment Wrapped Object

After being assigned a somewhat difficult project, I had to think outside of the box. Think like Christo and Jeanne Claude. The couple photographed amazing, colorful, and texturous objects and locations, so I thought I would do something kind of similar. These are purple, velvet heels wrapped in transparent saran wrap and white string (thread). I feel as though these images focus on the contrast of colors and textures and the overall shape and contour of the shoes themselves. One of the photos is in color while the other is in black and white. I feel as though these images are kind of similar to those of Claude's, but also different. This assignment made me think, that is for sure.




Comments

  1. Interesting. I know this is a tough one to think about (wrap your brain around...). I actually like what you've done (the b + w is more successful, I think...) but the location is not quite as well thought out - the first image could have been even more interesting with the right background setting to really bring out the "landscape" quality, I think. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts