Assignment #6 Polar Opposites


When I received this project, I had many ideas. I thought that I could do black and white, or do young and old, but then none of these ideas really came together the way intended or even liked. I was home one day with nothing to do and walked outside for some fresh air and a small walk. I was about ready to walk back inside when I noticed the two cars in my driveway parked parallel and opposite each other. I stood there, looking at the white and deep gray cars thinking, that could be a replay neat photo. I rain inside to grab my camera. Taking the photos was harder than I had thought. I had to make sure that my reflection was not shown, the lighting was right, and my manual settings let in the wanted amount of light. Why this image though? I know this seems a little weird and might be hard to interpret, so hopefully this helps:

I wanted to capture what I thought was totally opposite, something that was switched and flipped, colored the opposite color. I thought about the obvious answer, black and white, and thought of different ways to represent the ideas I imagined. Looking around my house, I saw my orange dog and my black dog, not quite right. I saw the black and white checkered floor, not right either. But then I saw my car and my mom's car sitting in the driveway, facing opposite directions. They were already opposite colors, they were already backwards, and they were already waiting to photographed and edited to seem like polar opposites. When I put the mages into lightroom, I played around a little bit. Increased the temperature here, decreased clarity there, and cropped out some excess background. Now, the images above. 


Comments

  1. I absolutely LOVE how you describe this and your having to deal with the reflections, etc. Thank you for taking the time to make an interesting shot and final image!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts